Practical Data Modeling is a workshop for scientists,
and engineers in modeling data with regression analysis.
The math is done by software. We can teach using your favorite
software, or we can assess your needs and recommend a commercial
software that is right for you.
Benefits of the Workshop
- You will be able to predict future behavior in your products and processes.
- You will be able to judge the quality of your predictions.
- You will save time and money by modeling rather than running multiple experiments.
- You will develop greater pride and confidence in your work.
In one day you will learn
- How to report and understand confidence limits, prediction limits, and tolerance limits.
- How to use mathematical tests for the quality of your models and how to interpret the results.
- How to use Least Squares Linear Regression to model data.
- The seven steps of data modeling.
- How to make a non-linear model linear.
- How to establish a cause-effect relationship.
is What Happens During the Training
will work in teams of two, collecting realistic data from a
simulated lab in seven exercises. Each exercise provides practice
of the methods learned.
will learn to use the software during the workshop. You use
the software to analyze your data. This practice on real problems
provides the confidence necessary to use the methods immediately
upon returning to work.
you learn is practiced during the workshop. Everything taught
is demonstrated by real examples. Questions are encouraged.
You won't have any homework.